Monday, April 5, 2010

Menu Planning Monday

Here we are again, Monday!! This morning I woke up early and headed out into the dark for a ... WALK! I ran up the one half mile hill that leads out of my neighborhood but then my friend and I (also pregnant) walked like two old ladies for three wonderful miles. I've always kind of poo-pooed walking. I know, I'm not very nice. But my walk was LOVELY this morning. Although we walked a similar route as our usual run, I noticed things that I never really noticed before! Houses going up, streets being built, birds chirping all around. Yes, I could walk later with the boys (in fact, I'm 100% positive given this weather forecast we'll walk quite a bit today) but it was wonderful to get in some quiet, reflection time without them. AND walking is still great for you... it can prevent colds, lowers blood sugar, and prevents cancer and glaucoma just to name a few benefits.

FINALLY in other running-related events I wanted to wish a big GOOD LUCK to my friends running in the Cherry Blossom 10 Miler this weekend! Good luck to MEGAN running her first race back after having her second baby!! To DOROTHY who will be racing on her birthday!! And to GWEN who will be running her first 10 miler ever!! Is anyone else going to be there this weekend?? Let me know so I can look for you and cheer you on too!

I have a ton of recipes to share from this past week. We had a great Spring Break and Easter week and there was definitely a lot of cooking going on because of it. I have a lot of leftover ingredients around so I'm hoping to save money on groceries this week by using them up! ALSO the weather is going to be 80's this week so since I know we will be outside a lot I'm going to keep it simple this week!!

Monday
Pulled Pork Enchiladas
(part three of the slow cooker pulled pork I made last week...
can't wait to share this recipe, I've made three meals out of it!!)
Tuesday
Japanese Curry
Wednesday
Thursday
Burgers and Grilled Asparagus
(if you live by a Harris Teeter, its on sale for 99 cents this week because its in season! And totally unrelated, but Breyers Ice Cream is on sale for $1.99... amazing.)
Friday
(recipe curtesy of Kathryn DC! These ingredients also are in season so should be cheaper)
Saturday or Sunday
Don't forget to check out Orgjunkie.com for hundreds of others meal plans!

No comments: