Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Breakfast For Dinner with a Twist

My girlfriend made this for dinner for me the other night and I was instantly won over by how easy and yummy it was! Even Zach gobbled it up.

Huevos Rancheros

For the sauce: simply heat in a saucepan 1 can of red enchilada sauce and 1 can of diced tomatoes and green chiles (like Rotel). Stir in 1 tbl of lime juice and some fresh chopped cilantro.

For the beans: Rinse and drain 1 can of pinto beans. In a microwarve safe bowl heat with 2 tbl of water for 2 minutes. Mash with a fork. I added some salt, galic powder and cumin for some flavor.

Top a heated tortilla (flour or corn, your preference) with beans, then with a fried egg (or scrambled, or egg white, again your preference!) then top with the red sauce. Sprinkle with queso fresco or simply mexican cheese if that is what you have on hand!


The entire meal was so quick and easy to prepare and clean up, and was so quickly devoured, that my camera didn't stand a chance. Enjoy!

1 comment:

The Recipe Diva said...

This sounds great! I think I could eat any kind of mexican meal anytime of the day!