Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Sweet Pizza

Last night I tried a new recipe from my latest issue of Cooking Light.

Chicken, Red Grape and Pesto Pizza
Top refrigerated pizza dough with olive oil and chopped garlic. Prebake refrigerated pizza dough (depends on the brand but probably about 10 minutes at 400). While the pizza dough is in the oven you can chop grapes and shred chicken. Remove from oven and add a thin layer of pesto.
If I was really awesome I would have some frozen pesto I already made in the freezer, but I haven't gotten to that yet this summer. So jarred pesto will do!
I bought rotisserie chicken that morning, of which I shred the whole bird and stored in the fridge for when necesary. I topped about 1/3 of this shredded chicken over pesto, to cover.
Sprinkle about 1 to 1/2 cups of halved red grapes over the chicken.
Top with fresh slices of real mozzerella, just a little goes a long way. Sprinkle the top with grated romano. Top with scallions (optional, I just had them from the garden, and they looked pretty).
Bake an additional 10 minutes at 400. Then enjoy!
The verdict: Kevin could have gone without the grapes, but I happened to love them, a lot. A lot a lot. The sweetness of the grapes with the parm was delish. This meal was super easy too. Hardly any mess and it only took 20 minutes. Next time, to lighten it up a bit, I would use less or eliminate altogether the mozzerella. It really didn't add that much besides the addicting gooey-ness of cheese. Cheese is yummy - but not the star of the dish.

No comments: